The Associate Content Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the creation of high-quality content by authors, vendors, and subject matter experts (SMEs) for use in digital and print educational products; having content finished, which includes accuracy checking and copyediting; delivering final content to digital production; and overseeing the creation of print-ready files at production vendors along with all post-production deliverables and digital production. The Associate Content Project Manager in consultation with the Content Project Manager works collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure content for assigned projects meets requirements and is delivered on schedule and within budget. Provides consistent and clear instructions and project status updates; escalates issues appropriately.
- Creates and maintains schedule, workflow, and budget for all content sourcing, finishing, and production activities after appropriate consultation with Content Project Manager.
- Engages and manages content finishers (accuracy checking and copyediting) and production vendors to achieve schedule, budget, and quality standards
- In consultation with stakeholders and Content Project Manager, determines appropriate content review steps for all content types
- Successfully completes tasks that prepare quality content, including content updating, preparation, copyediting, and other content sourcing and preparation tasks
- Manages all print production activities (composition, proofreading, indexing, etc.) and oversees print products through manufacturing and delivery to the warehouse
- Regularly communicates schedule, quality and budget updates to stakeholders. Facilitates production launch meetings and status meetings.
- Ensures that all Production specifications and schedules are kept current in business systems (Integrated Publishing System; SmartSheets)
- In consultation with key stakeholders, ensures content adheres to accessibility compliance standards
- Ensures that content delivery follows accepted processes and standards for digital and print to ensure quality. Provides training and guidance to authors and subject matter experts as needed
- Identifies and manages potential risks to projects, including marketing and technology deliverables. Escalates project risks as needed to stakeholders, Content Project Manager, and Head, Content Production.
- Resolves content bugs on products in the marketplace, utilizing in-house and external SME resources as needed
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Experience working in publishing industry or related field (2 to 5 years preferable)
- Able to clearly communicate in Business English with the ability to translate information to and from stakeholders and to report effectively to management
- Excellent computer skills, including with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and editing tools like Adobe Acrobat
- Consultative, cooperative, solutions-oriented, and service-minded perspective
- Strong project management and organizational skills; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to embrace, assimilate, and implement new processes, procedures, and standards in an environment of continuous improvement and change
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Familiarity with content formats (HTML, XML) and product platforms
- Database experience
- Proficiency with project management software (MS Project, SmartSheets)