Students aspiring for a career in Engineering and/or Medical Sciences need to develop a clear understanding of fundamental concepts and problem-solving skills. Cengage Foundation series for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology for Class IX and X is aimed at helping students achieve these objectives.
The books in this series have been written by eminent teachers who have used their rich experience of teaching high school students while developing these books. Each book in this series is organized in a logical sequence to help students’ learning for a strong foundation in the subject. The theory and problems are aligned to the curriculum suggested by various high school boards, and these books also deal with some additional topics aimed at preparing students for the entrance examinations.
This series should help in building a strong foundation among students preparing for various engineering and medical entrance examinations and shall bring out the best in them.
- Each chapter begins with a starter page that offers some important teasers illustrated with photographs.
- In each chapter, the topics are presented in an easy-to-navigate format for enjoyable reading and clear understanding.
- This series takes an illustrative approach that provides explanation for each concept with the help of photographs and figures.
- Interesting information and application boxes have been used throughout the chapter to facilitate deep understanding of the topics.
- A concept map (mind map) at the end of theory in each chapter assists in recalling the concepts discussed in the chapter.
- End-of-chapter exercises consist of different types of problems to challenge students’ understanding of concepts and provide momentum for entrance examination preparation.
- Olympiad and NTSE level exercises are also provided at the end of each chapter.
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Nature of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Table
- Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Arithmetic
- Chemical Reactions
- Mole Concept and Reaction Stoichiometry
- Gaseous State
- Equivalent Mass
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
Hints and Answers to Test Yourself