GROUP DYNAMICS, 7th Edition, covers all major theories and topics pertaining to group and team processes. Focus on what's most important with clearly organized chapters and highlighted key points and see how to apply concepts to actual groups through extended case studies -- one in every chapter. The author draws on examples from a range of disciplines including psychology, management, law, education, sociology, and political science to help you develop a deeper understanding of each topic that you'll take with you beyond the classroom.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of the latest work in team, group, and organizational science is integrated with established, well-supported principles in the field.
- Examining all aspects of groups and teams, the text devotes entire chapters to topics such as research methods, group formation, group development and socialization, structure, influence, leadership, performance, and intergroup relations.
- The author explores topics that are interesting to both theoretically minded basic research scientists and applications-oriented group experts.
- Emerging areas of interest such as multilevel analyses, group composition and diversity, multiteam systems, neuroscience, psychological safety, and new interpretations of classic studies (e.g., the Milgram experiments) are examined in detail.
1. An Introduction to Group Dynamics.
2. Studying Groups.
3. Inclusion and Identity.
5. Cohesion and Development.
12. Decision Making.
14. Intergroup Relations.
15. Groups in Context.
16. Growth and Change.
17. Crowds and Collectives.