Author(s): Craig C. Sheaffer | Kristine M Moncada
© Year : 2012
Trim Size : 279 x 216 mm
A must-read text for anyone interested in what are arguably the most profoundly important issues of our time, INTRODUCTION TO AGRONOMY, second edition addresses the basics of safe and sustainable food and fiber production as well as big picture topics such as energy, ecology, and environmental quality. Throughout the text, readers will find information and illustrations on the latest agricultural methods, regulations, and practices--and how each is impacting our society and each individual within it.
1. History of Agriculture.
2. Agriculture Today.
3. Feeding the World.
4. Classifying and Naming Crops.
5. Food and Energy from Plants.
6. Chemistry of Food and Plants.
7. Plant Anatomy and Morphology.
8. Plant Physiology and Growth.
9. Improving Plants.
13. Cropping Systems.
14. Tillage and Crop Establishment.
16. Plant Disease and Insects.
18. Organic Agriculture.
19. Crop Profiles: Grasses.
20. Crop Profiles: Legumes.
21. Crop Profiles: Other Crops.
Appendix I: Scientific and Common Names.
Appendix II: Metric Conversion Chart.
Appendix III: Bushel Weights.