Learn to manage your money to maximize your earning potential with Reilly/Brown/Leeds' INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 11th Edition. Extremely reader friendly in a succinct 18 chapters, this text equips you with a solid understanding of investment instruments, capital markets, behavioral finance, hedge funds, international investing and much more. Real-world examples and hands-on applications bring chapter concepts to life as you learn to use the same tools as investment professionals. The 11th edition's unparalleled international coverage provides specific information on non-U.S. markets, instruments, conventions and techniques. New detailed discussions explain the impact of changes in both technology and regulations on global security markets. In addition, three chapters are devoted to derivatives securities--which are now standard investment instruments.
- Concise Presentation: More streamlined than ever, the 11th edition delivers comprehensive yet succinct coverage, providing just the right amount of detail to ensure solid student understanding while giving you the flexibility to cover more ground in the span of the course.
- Ethics Emphasis: Insightful discussions of codes of ethics highlight the importance--and sometimes lack--of ethics in today's financial markets, prompting students to examine and shore up their personal principles and values and make the important decisions well before they actually have to face them.
- Global Perspective: INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 11th edition, continues to lead the market with the most comprehensive coverage of international issues available.
- Expanded Tech/Reg Coverage: Both technology and regulations have caused more significant changes in the functioning and organization of global security markets in the last decade than in the prior 50 years. Chapter 3 provides a detailed discussion of this evolution and the results for global markets, while Chapter 2 describes how specific security innovations and asset allocation practices have been affected by these changes.
- Unrivaled Domestic and Global Insight: The 11th edition continues its tradition of unparalleled international coverage. Investing knows no borders, and while the total integration of domestic and global investment opportunities may seem to contradict the need for separate discussions of international issues, it actually makes the need for specific information on non-U.S. markets, instruments, conventions and techniques even more compelling--and this text delivers with comprehensive coverage.
- Derivative Securities Emphasis: In today's market, derivative securities are not exotic anomalies but standard investment instruments--a reality reflected in the 11th edition. Three entire chapters are devoted to derivatives, equipping readers with intuitive, clear discussions of the different instruments, their markets, valuation, trading strategies and general use as risk management and return enhancement tools.
- Revamped TOC: The 11th edition has been thoroughly updated, revised and streamlined into a succinct 18 chapters. Information has been condensed, reworded and rearranged to ensure content that is vital to a thorough understanding of investment management is presented in the most effective way. For example, the section on equity valuation and management that previously spanned six separate chapters is now contained in Chapters 8-11.
Cengage digital App includes:
Table of Contents:
1. The Investment Setting.
2. Asset Allocation and Security Selection.
3. Organization and Functioning of Securities Markets.
4. Security Market Indexes and Index Funds.
5. Efficient Capital Markets, Behavioral Finance and Technical Analysis.
6. Introduction to Portfolio Management.
7. Asset Pricing Models.
8. Introduction to Financial Statement and Security Analysis.
9. Stock Market and Industry Analysis.
10. Company Analysis.
11. Equity Portfolio Management Strategies.
12. Bond Fundamentals and Valuation.
13. Bond Analysis and Portfolio Management Strategies.
14. Introduction to Derivative Markets and Securities.
15. Forward, Futures and Swap Contracts.
16. Option Contracts and Other Embedded Derivatives.
17. Active Portfolio Management, Alternative Assets and Industry Ethics.
18. Evaluation of Portfolio Performance.