Richard Daft's THE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE, 8E gives students the critical leadership skills and solid understanding of today’s theory to become effective leaders during turbulent times as this edition presents deep research, hundreds of current examples from real leaders and new experiential exercises.
- Put it into practice" mini exercises encourage students to take the first step in practicing leadership behavior.
- End-of-chapter "leadership skill-building exercises" prepare students for today's challenges.
- A wealth of new, real examples depict leaders in action in each chapter.
- Leader’s bookshelf: to help students continue their learning beyond the classroom, each chapter highlights a recent, highly recommended book that relates to the chapter’s content.
- "Leadership practice: know yourself" questionnaires encourage students to examine personal leadership styles and approaches.
- Think about this!" features provide memorable insights into important leadership topics.
- Apply your leadership skill: cases for analysis" generate meaningful classroom discussion at the end of each chapter.
Part I: Introduction To Leadership
1.What Does It Mean to Be a Leader?
Part II: Research Perspectives on Leadership
2. Traits, Behaviors, and Relationships.
3. Contingency Approaches to Leadership.
Part III: The Personal Side of Leadership
4. The Leader as an Individual.
5. Leadership Head and Heart.
6. Courage and Moral Leadership.
7. Leadership Vision and Purpose.
Part IV: The Leader as a Relationship Builder
8. Motivation and Empowerment.
9. Leadership Communication.
10. Leading Teams.
11. Leading Diversity and Inclusion.
12. Leadership Power and Influence.
Part V: The Leader as a Social Architect
13. Setting the Stage for Followership.
14. Shaping Culture and Values.
15. Leading Change.