Design Thinking: A Framework for Applying Design Thinking in Problem Solving
Author(s): Anuja Agarwal
© Year : 2024
Imprint : CL India
The book presents a well-researched framework of the ‘Design Thinking’ approach to problem-solving. It provides a practical approach for an end-to-end solution, starting from the pain points to on-ground implementation of solution. It presents differences between traditional thinking and design thinking, explained and elaborated with the help of practical examples. There are several examples from the Indian context that the readers will find relatable as well as interesting.
Towards the end, the book presents a total of 20 different projects that can be undertaken using the Design Thinking Framework and Process. The genesis of these projects is the problems that can be solved using a human-centric approach as they pertain to our lives and lifestyles, and that may affect our future generations if the problems they represent are left unattended. Accompanying the projects is a 'project diary' that the students may use as their workbook as they go about the problem-solving process.
1. Design Thinking Evolution
2. Design Thinking and Innovation
3. Design Thinking Imperative
4. Design Thinking Framework
5. Design Thinking Process: Phase I—Empathize
6. Design Thinking Process: Phase II—Define
7. Design Thinking Process: Phase III—Ideate
8. Design Learning Process: Phase IV—Prototype
9. Design Thinking Process: Phase V—Test
10. Design Thinking Process: Phase VI—Implement
11. Projects and Project Diary
PPSMTO Framework for Design Thinking
Cengage Digital App includes: flashcards, additional MCQs, additional problems (partially solved using the tools), additional examples to enumerate the design thinking process, video of case study on design thinking process, and videos on select topics.