Help your students develop the complete set of Microsoft® Excel 2016 skills they need to be successful in college and beyond with the emphasis on critical-thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth coverage found in NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & EXCEL 2016: COMPREHENSIVE. Updated to provide all-new case scenarios, this dynamic introduction applies the skills students are learning to real-world situations to ensure that concepts remain highly relevant. New Productivity Apps provide a visual introduction to Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge with fun, hands-on activities. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to use each app. With an unmatched emphasis on learning outcomes and transference of skills, NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & EXCEL 2016: COMPREHENSIVE engages students by clearly demonstrating the importance of the complete Microsoft® Excel 2016 skills that they are learning.
- PROSKILLS BOXES CONNECT MICROSOFT® EXCEL 2016 CONCEPTS TO CAREER SUCCESS. These helpful features emphasize the relevance of all of the Microsoft® Excel skills your students are learning by providing guidance on how to use the software most effectively in professional situations.
- VISUAL OVERVIEWS PROVIDE A GRAPHIC PREVIEW OF EACH MODULE’S CONTENT. These two-page spreads at the start of each module session visually examine the tasks and elements covered in the module. Students can use these as helpful study guides before taking quizzes or tests.
- KEY STEPS DRAW STUDENTS’ ATTENTION TO CRITICAL POINTS. These Key Steps help students pay close attention to completing each step correctly and help them avoid time-consuming rework.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR SCHOOL AND WORK MODULE PROVIDE A VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by well-known technology author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to master each app.
- ALL-NEW BUSINESS CASE SCENARIOS KEEP STUDENTS ENGAGED. These practical case scenarios throughout each module provide a real-world context that allows students to apply the complete Microsoft® Excel 2016 concepts and skills they are learning.
- CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS NEW FUNCTIONALITIES IN MICROSOFT® EXCEL 2016. New coverage introduces the ROUND and MROUND functions. Students also study new Excel chart types, including histogram, waterfall, and sunburst charts. This edition also offers new content on power BI features, including power query, power view, and power map.
Productivity Apps for School and Work.
1. Getting Started with Excel.
2. Formatting Workbook Text and Data.
3. Performing Calculations with Formulas and Functions.
4. Analyzing and Charting Financial Data.
5. Working with Excel Tables, PivotTables, and PivotCharts.
6. Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks.
7. Developing an Excel Application.
8. Working with Advanced Functions.
9. Exploring Financial Tools and Functions.
10. Performing What-If Analyses.
11. Analyzing Data with Business Intelligence.
12. Collaborating on a Shared Workbook.
Appendix A: Working with Text Functions and Creating Custom Formats.
Appendix B: Advanced Filters, Database Functions, and Summary IFS Functions.
Appendix C: Working with Enhanced Formatting Tools.