Learn Microeconomics YOUR Way with ECON MICRO! ECON MICRO’s easy-reference, paperback textbook presents course content through visually-engaging chapters as well as Chapter Review Cards that consolidate the best review material into a ready-made study tool. With the textbook or on its own, ECON MICRO MindTap allows you to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards and practice quizzes. Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where you need to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you can organize.
- Every 4LTR Press print title comes complete with an engaging textbook, tear-out review cards and access to MindTap- including study tools, instructional and assessment content, and the full text narrative. Also available in an online-only option, students have their choice of format, delivered and influenced by a deep understanding of students’ workflow and learning styles, all at an affordable price.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class and test preparation.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format that increases the number of students who read the chapter without minimizing coverage for your course.
- A dedicated team, whenever you need them. MindTap isn’t just a tool; it’s backed by a personalized team eager to support you. Get help setting up your course and tailoring it to your specific objectives. You’ll be ready to make an impact from day one. And, we’ll be right here to help you and your students throughout the semester—and beyond.
- Access everything you need in one place. Cut down on prep with preloaded, organized course materials in MindTap. Teach more efficiently with interactive multimedia, assignments, quizzes and more. And give your students the power to read, listen and study on their phones, so they can learn on their terms.
- Empower your students to reach their potential. Twelve distinct metrics give you actionable insights into student engagement. Identify topics troubling your entire class and instantly communicate with struggling students. And students can track their scores to stay motivated toward their goals. Together, you can accelerate progress.
- NEW MindTap is an outcome-driven application that propels students from memorization to mastery. It’s the only platform that gives you complete ownership of your course. With it, you can challenge every student, build their confidence and empower them to be unstoppable.
- Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, ECON MICRO with ECON MICRO MindTap engages students of all generations and learning styles, and integrates seamlessly into your course, setting the stage for thinking critically about Microeconomics.
- Your course. Your content. Only MindTap gives you complete control over your course. You have the flexibility to reorder textbook chapters, add your own notes and embed a variety of content including OER. Personalize course content to your students’ needs. They can even read your notes, add their own and highlight key text to aid their progress.
1. The Art and Science of Economic Analysis.
2. Economic Tools and Economic Systems.
3. Economic Decision Makers.
4. Demand, Supply, and Markets.
5. Elasticity of Demand and Supply.
6. Consumer Choice and Demand.
7. Production and Cost in the Firm.
8. Perfect Competition.
10. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
11. Resource Markets.
12. Labor Markets and Labor Unions.
13. Capital, Interest, Entrepreneurship, and Corporate Finance.
14. Transaction Costs, Asymmetric Information, and Behavioral Economics.
15. Economic Regulation and Antitrust Policy.
16. Public Goods and Public Choice.
17. Externalities and the Environment.
18 Poverty and Redistribution.
19. International Trade.
20. International Finance.
21. Economic Development.
William A. McEachern
Dr. William A. McEachern began teaching large sections of economic principles shortly after joining the University of Connecticut. Several years later he began offering teaching workshops around the country. The University of Connecticut Alumni Association conferred on him its Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award in 2000. He earlier won the Association's award for Distinguished Public Service. Dr. McEachern has published books and monographs on public finance, public policy, and industrial organization, including MANAGERIAL CONTROL AND PERFORMANCE (D.C. Heath and Company). His research has also appeared in edited volumes, such as READINGS IN PUBLIC CHOICE ECONOMICS (University of Michigan Press), INTERNATIONAL HANDBOOK ON TEACHING AND LEARNING ECONOMICS (Edward Elgar Publishing), and RETHINKING ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES (Irwin Publishing), He has also published in a variety of refereed journals, including Economic Inquiry, National Tax Journal, Quarterly Review of Economic and Business, Journal of Industrial Economics, Kyklos, Econ Journal Watch, and Public Choice. His principles of economics textbooks have been translated into Spanish, Chinese, and Bahasa Indonesia, and have been adapted for Australia and for India. He is the founding editor of THE TEACHING ECONOMIST, a newsletter that for a quarter of a century has focused on teaching economics at the college level. Dr. McEachern has advised federal, state, and local governments on policy matters and has been quoted in media such as the New York Times, Times of London, Wall Street Journal USA Today and Reader's Digest. He, earned an undergraduate degree with honors from College of the Holy Cross, served three years as a U.S. Army officer, and earned an M.A. and Ph.D. in economics from the University of Virginia.