MACRO ECON: A South-Asian Perspective
Macroeconomics and Policy for Managers : An Indian Perspective
Principles of Macroeconomics, 7E
Macroeconomics (4th Updated Edition), 4e
Author(s): N. Gregory Mankiw
© Year : 2018
Trim Size : 254 x 203 mm
Now you can master the principles of macroeconomics with the help of the most popular, widely-used economics textbook by students worldwide -- Mankiw’s PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS, 8E. With its clear and engaging writing style, this book emphasizes only the material that will help you better understand the world in which you live, will make you a more astute participant in the economy, and will give you a better understanding of both the potential and limits of economic policy. The latest relevant examples bring macroeconomic principles to life. Acclaimed text author N. Gregory Mankiw explains, "I have tried to put myself in the position of someone seeing economics for the first time. My goal is to emphasize the material that students should and do find interesting about the study of the economy." Powerful student-focused digital resources are available in leading MindTap and Aplia digital learning and homework solutions that reinforce the principles presented in this edition.
supports the kinesthetic learning approach valued by instructors, like you -- all within the context of the interactive book!
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Ten Principles of Economics.
2. Thinking Like an Economist.
3. Interdependence and the Gains from Trade.
Part II: HOW MARKETS WORK.
4. The Market Forces of Supply and Demand.
5. Elasticity and Its Application.
6. Supply, Demand, and Government Policies.
Part III: MARKETS AND WELFARE.
7. Consumers, Producers, and the Efficiency of Markets.
8. Application: The Costs of Taxation.
9. Application: International Trade.
Part IV: THE DATA OF MACROECONOMICS.
10. Measuring a Nation’s Income.
11. Measuring the Cost of Living.
Part V: THE REAL ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN.
12. Production and Growth.
13. Saving, Investment, and the Financial System.
14. The Basic Tools of Finance.
15. Unemployment and Its Natural Rate.
Part VI: MONEY AND PRICES IN THE LONG RUN.
16. The Monetary System.
17. Money Growth and Inflation.
Part VII: THE MACROECONOMICS OF OPEN ECONOMICS.
18. Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Basic Concepts.
19. A Macroeconomic Theory of the Open Economy.
Part VIII: SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
20. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
21. The Influence of Monetary and Fiscal Policy on Aggregate Demand.
22. The Short-Run Tradeoff between Inflation and Unemployment.
Part IX: FINAL THOUGHTS.
23. Six Debates over Macroeconomic Policy.