Written by the innovator of the spreadsheet teaching revolution and highly regarded leader in business analytics, Cliff Ragsdale’s new edition of SPREADSHEET MODELING AND DECISION ANALYSIS: A PRACTICAL INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ANALYTICS retains the elements and philosophy of past success while now helping your students transition to business analytics. SPREADSHEET MODELING AND DECISION ANALYSIS, 8E’s updates work seamlessly with Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016. Succinct instruction highlights the most commonly used business analytics techniques and clearly demonstrates how to implement these tools with the most current version of Excel® for Windows. This text focuses on developing both algebraic and spreadsheet modeling skills. This edition now features Analytic Solver and XLMiner Platforms with powerful tools for performing optimization, simulation and decision analysis in Excel, as well as complete tools for performing data mining in Excel and techniques for predictive analytics.
1. Introduction to Modeling and Decision Analysis.
2. Introduction to Optimization and Linear Programming.
3. Modeling and Solving LP Problems in a Spreadsheet.
4. Sensitivity Analysis and the Simplex Method.
5. Network Modeling.
6. Integer Linear Programming.
7. Goal Programming and Multiple Objective Optimization.
8. Nonlinear Programming & Evolutionary Optimization.
9. Regression Analysis.
10. Data Mining.
11. Time Series Forecasting.
12. Introduction to Simulation Using Analytic Solver Platform.
13. Queuing Theory.
14. Decision Analysis.
15. Project Management (Online).