Gain a clear understanding of the fundamental concepts and applications behind operations and supply chain management with the reader-friendly approach in Collier/Evans' popular OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 2E. The authors present detailed, solved problems throughout this edition to illustrate key formulas and computations as you learn to complete both manual and digital calculations using Excel spreadsheet templates and other Excel models for optimization and simulation. Even more review questions, cases, experiential activities, problems and exercises as well as feature boxes teach you how to work with the latest operations management (OM) and supply chain management (SCM) concepts and tools. New content examines process analysis and resource utilization, analytics in OM, capacity measurement, applications of linear optimization and other critical OM and SCM topics. You can further your understanding with interactive digital resources and new algorithmic exercises within MindTap's complete learning applications.
- DEDICATED DIGITAL TEAM SUPPORTS YOUR EFFORTS WHEN YOU NEED THEM. MindTap isn’t just a tool; it is a set of complete resources backed by a personalized team ready to support you. Your support team can help you set up your course and tailor it to your specific objectives, so you’ll be ready to make an impact from day one. Your support team is available to you or your students until the final day of the term.
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR COURSE WITH YOUR CONTENT. Only MindTap gives you complete control over your course with the flexibility to reorganize chapters, add your own notes and embed a variety of content, including open educational resources (OER). Personalize course content to meet your students’ needs. Students can even read your notes, add their own and highlight key text to aid their progress.
- CONVENIENT ACCESS TO DIGITAL TOOLS SAVES YOU PREPARATION TIME. Now you can reduce preparation time with MindTap’s preloaded, organized course materials. Access everything you need in one place, including interactive multimedia, assignments and quizzes. You can give your students the option to read, listen and study on their phones, so they can learn on their terms.
- "EXPLORING OPERATIONS" VISUALIZATIONS PROVIDE INTERACTIVE TOOLS TO CLARIFY IMPORTANT CONCEPTS IN OPERATIONS. Brief activities check understanding and provide feedback to ensure students have a firm understanding of fundamentals before advancing to more complex topics and problems.
- EXCEL ONLINE PROBLEMS, POWERED BY MICROSOFT®, PROVIDE REAL EXPERIENCE SOLVING OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS USING SPREADSHEETS. Integrated directly within MindTap digital resources, these Excel Online problems offer students real-time feedback on their answers. Students benefit from contextual support from Office Online, system-generated Excel solution files and video tutorials. Excel work and assignments are saved continuously in the cloud without cumbersome file downloads and uploads. This option saves you time, compared to manually reviewing and grading spreadsheets.
- STUDENTS HAVE FLEXIBILITY TO USE A PRINTED OR DIGITAL BOOK. An affordable, loose-leaf version of the textbook is available in print format as a package with MindTap.
- MINDTAP OUTCOME-DRIVEN DIGITAL RESOURCES PROPEL STUDENTS FROM MEMORIZATION TO MASTERY. MindTap's learning and teaching resources equip you with complete ownership of your course. You can use these digital tools to challenge every student, build their confidence and empower them with the knowledge and skills to succeed in business today.
- EMPOWER YOUR STUDENTS TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL WITH DIGITAL TOOLS. Twelve distinct metrics give you actionable insights into student engagement. Identify topics troubling your entire class and instantly communicate with struggling students. In addition, your students can track their scores to stay motivated toward their goals.
- NEW CHAPTER FOCUSES ON TODAY'S PROCESS ANALYSIS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION. With this edition's new Chapter 11, students learn how to analyze work flow and individual processes for improved management. Students also study how to make the most of resources available to achieve maximum productivity.
- NEW OR REVISED EXCEL TEMPLATES PROVIDE DIGITAL COMPUTATIONAL EXPERIENCE. Students practice completing digital calculations using this edition's Excel templates for break-even analysis, systems reliability, service capacity and learning curves.
- NEW END-OF-CHAPTER PRACTICE AND REVIEW STRENGTHENS STUDENT UNDERSTANDING. This edition concludes each chapter with new or updated Key Terms, Review Questions, Discussion Questions and Experiential Activities, Computational Problems and Exercises and Excel-Based Problem – all carefully crafted and refined to maximize student retention.
- EXPANDED ALGORITHMIC EXERCISES GUIDE STUDENTS IN MANUAL OR DIGITAL CALCULATIONS. Numerous additional algorithmic exercises in MindTap are ideal to assign to students for practice or homework. All-new problem-walkthrough videos clearly guide students in how to solve calculations manually or by using Excel.
- MORE QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS AND EXERCISES PROVIDE ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES TO REFINE SKILLS. The authors have intentionally expanded the number and variety of thought-provoking questions, practical problems and meaningful exercises compared to other editions in the Operations Management series.
- NEW AND REVISED SUPPLEMENTS OVERVIEW KEY ANALYTIC TOPICS. You have the flexibility to focus on specific areas of interest to you and your students with specialized supplements. These supplements include Probability and Statistics, Decision Analysis, Break-Even Analysis, Linear Optimization, The Transportation and Assignment Problems and Queueing Models and Simulation.
- EXPANDED NUMBER OF CASES PRESENT KEY CONCEPTS IN ACTION. Your students can apply the skills they've mastered as three cases, drawn from today's OM situations, now appear in each chapter.
- NEW OR REVISED MATERIAL COVERS THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS AND TOOLS IN TODAY'S OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT. New coverage examines today's analytics in Operations Management (OM), capacity measurement, learning curves and work measurement, applications of linear optimization and applications of simulation.
PART 1: BASIC CONCEPTS OF OM AND VALUE CHAINS.
1. Operations Management and Value Chains.
2. Measuring Performance in Operations and Value Chains.
3. Operations Strategy.
4. Technology and Operations Management.
PART 2: DESIGNING OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAINS
5. Goods and Service Design.
6. Supply Chain Design.
7. Process Selection, Design, and Improvement.
8. Facility and Work Design.
PART 3: MANAGING OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAINS.
9. Forecasting and Demand Planning.
10. Capacity Management.
11. Process Analysis and Resource Utilization.
12. Managing Inventories in Supply Chains.
13. Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
14. Resource Management.
15. Operations Scheduling and Sequencing.
16. Quality Management.
17. Quality Control & SPC.
18. Lean Operating Systems.
19. Project Management.
Supplement A: Probability and Statistics.
Supplement B: Decision Analysis.
Supplement C: Break-Even Analysis.
Supplement D: Linear Optimization.
Supplement E: The Transportation and Assignment Problems.
Supplement F: Queuing Models.
Supplement G: Simulation.
Appendix A: Areas for the Cumulative Standard Normal Distribution.
Appendix B: Factors for Control Charts.